There are two options for buying a boat, you can surf the web yourself and then spend many weekends driving across town or country from marina to marina viewing a vast range of craft only to be told by each broker that their vessels offered are the best value for money on the market, or you can engage a buyers agent and get independent professional advice.
What is a buyer’s agent?
Contrary to a seller’s agent who is engaged by the vendor, the buyer’s agent is contractually engaged by the buyer to represent his or her best interests in the purchase of a vessel.
Who engages a buyer’s agent?
Buying a motoryacht can be a minefield if you’re in unfamiliar territory, get it wrong and it could cost you a lot of money and potentially put your family off side and shatter your dream of owning a luxury boat.
If the words Yacht Controller, Gyro, C Zone, Skyhook or pod drive sound like a foreign language, then you should consider engaging a buyers agent.
If you are time poor, inexperienced in luxury motor yacht brands, models or systems, or feel intimidated by the whole process and want someone to negotiate on your behalf who can offer experienced, objective, unemotional assistance, then a buyer’s agent may be worth considering.
Why choose Motoryachts Unlimited?
Well, to be honest there is not a lot of choice in the Australian marine industry if you’re a buyer looking for representation. The Marine industry is full of brokers and dealers solely representing the sellers, but when it comes to sourcing unbiased advice, where do you look?
Marine surveyors aren’t necessarily the answer. They are generally experienced in looking for structural and mechanical faults but not necessarily familiar with market values or cam paring vessel performance.
After decades selling luxury boats and a lifetime in the marine industry, Brendon Grieve realised there was this gaping hole in the market. As a result, he established Motor Yachts Australia to fill that void and also offer a premium service to luxury boat buyers.
Brendon has three decades experience in the marine industry and in that time has established contacts and partners throughout Australia and over seas.
His skills and training in negotiation, sales, business management and marketing has, in recent years put previous business’s he has managed ahead of their competitors.
Brendon has been exposed to much of the latest technology and innovation filtering through in the brands he has represented over the last ten years with his involvement as a broker of both new and pre-loved luxury motor yachts.
Working closely with industry technicians and hosting WA’s first 24 hour support network over seven years, Brendon has learnt what to look for, but more importantly, what to watch out for.
Advantages of engaging Motoryachts Unlimited as your buyer’s agent
If you were investing a large amount of money in property or shares, you would engage a professional to give you advice. Buying a motor yacht is no different and there are plenty of other reasons why you should contract Motoryachts Unlimited:
- We are working for YOU, not the seller
- We don’t sell new boat so our advice is truly independent
- Our expert negotiation skills can save you thousands on the purchase price
- Our buying fee is paid on success only. If we don’t help you acquire a vessel you are happy with, then we don’t get paid
- We value motor yachts every day, unlike individual buyers who purchase boats every 3 – 10 years. Our daily experience and intimate product and market knowledge will help you acquire the best vessel
- You get an experienced researcher and negotiator working for you who knows the tricks of the trade, whether you are purchasing new or pre-loved
- We can quickly and accurately eliminate vessels on the market that don’t suit your profile saving you time and stress
- We remove emotion from the purchasing and negotiating process
- We save you money by advising you what not to buy and what to look out for
- We can gain access to a wider range of vessels, many of which may not be actively for sale
- We can access vessel sales history that is unavailable to the general public
- We know the market and market value of vessels ensuring YOU don’t pay too much
- We are experienced in the many options available in luxury pleasure boats, their pros and cons
- We are armed with decades of experience in the industry and are up to date with values and available technology
Frequently asked questions
What about conflict of interest?
If you engage Motoryachts Unlimited as your buyer’s agent then they will not accept a conjunctional fee from the sellers agent. This would be a conflict of interest.
What if I buy a vessel offered for sale by Motoryachts Unlimited as the selling agent?
In this case, Motoryachts Unlimited will waive the success fee and also refund the engagement fee.
Services offered by Motoryachts Unlimited as a buyer’s agent
- Initial consultation to discuss your requirements
- Establish your wish list
- Conduct research in order to prepare a list of potential new or pre-loved vessels
- Arrange for you to view those vessels in the final selection
- Advise on the merits of individual vessels
- Discuss market values
- Conduct enquiries to establish vessel history
- Engage in negotiation on your behalf
- Assist in the wording of special conditions in the offer and acceptance
- Explain the terms and conditions in the sellers contract
- Arrange pre purchase inspections and attend where required
- Post inspection negotiation if applicable
- Monitor the settlement process to ensure it runs smoothly
- Advise on post purchase vessel maintenance schedules and crewing if required